Friday, November 16, 2012

A Carscaddon Craft

Zack and I got crafty this past week. We got a free microwave cart from my job and it was hideous when it arrived at our house. See below...

So we took off to Lowes and got some nice paint and hardware. We tarped the kitchen floor and opened up the paint can. Zack sanded this baby down and I got everything ready to go. I went to put the first coat on and the paint was literally like painting with milk!! Gross gross gross. LESSON LEARNED FROM THIS PROJECT----GET PAINT SHAKEN UP AT THE STORE. Silly me forgot to get the paint stirred so it was a nightmare from the start! I took the paint back the next day to get properly shaken and after 7 coats of paint...TAAAA-DAAAAA...here's our new masterpiece!!

This has only been set up for 2 days now, but I already LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! I am so pleased with how this turned out and am so excited to start my next craft project... painting old windows to be frames :) Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment