It's been a while since I've posted on here, but now that life is slowing down and I'm settling into a rountine, I WILL pick blogging back up.
Since graduating from Meredith about 7 weeks ago, I feel like I have been on a roller coaster- experiencing new fun, exciting things, but also really scared of what's coming up next. A few of the things I'm learning post-graduation are:
1) dealing with a lot of change!
2) having even more fun!
3) a new time of growth, trusting, and faithfulness
(My decorated cap)
1) Many people who know me well know that I DO NOT like change at all. Graduating college, leaving the MC apartments, moving home, and getting a big girl job were all HUGE adjustments for me. Like I've told some of my friends, this is by far the biggest transition/change that I've ever had to experience (college -> big girl life)! I'm out of my Meredith "bubble", out of my comfort zone, and opening an entire new chapter of my life. I think what made the transition from MC to the "real world" so difficult for me was not wanting to leave what I know/familiar/home. I truly call Meredith home and will always hold it close to my heart. I did not want to leave a place that was so good to me, so comfortable to me, and gave me a GREAT 4 years, however, I'm beginning to see that my time at Meredith was so sweet and precious to me, but it was time for me to move on. I've accepted that Meredith is a memory and I've now got the opportunity to spread my wings and fly somewhere else.
(Scotty McCreary at the RBC Center)
2) Despite my thinking that once I left MC my life would be over (yes, I did think that), I have found that I'm having even more fun now that I'm not so busy and committed to so many things! Since graduation, I've had the chance to relax, go the beach, shop a lot, spend a lot of time with friends at home, and have numerous lunch/dinner dates with my Raleigh friends :) I'm really liking having time to do some of the things that I love most in life!
(Daycare Graduation 2011)
3) Leading up to graduation I was a nervous wreck. I didn't like not knowing what was ahead and I didn't think much of not having any control of it. Since graduating, I have seen God work, heard Him answer my prayers, and felt His spirit give me peace, and as a result, I have grown enormously both in Him and as a person. My last semester I had faith that He would work things out, but this was reality when I saw God provide and work things out for the better in multiple situations. I am excited to continue to see God work in both my life and Zack's life, as we are both faithfully trusting Him as we each begin a new chapter of life.
No comments:
Post a Comment