December 2013 was a complete whirlwind that began with a call on December 5 saying our loan was approved and we were set to close. So, we rushed rushed rushed to pack up the Tryon Village and prepare for a big move to JoCo...
Zack and I closed on our very first home on December 10, 2013. What a glorious and terrifying feeling, knowing that you're selling your soul for a home!!
We were aptly warned about how hectic moving at Christmas can be, and boy were those folks right! We were so happy to be "Home for Christmas" but it really was stressful, hard, and chaotic. So so so glad to be through the moving part!!
After we had our moment and moved on (literally), we came home to this chaos...
This right here, folks, is what makes a Type A, OCD, organized person C-R-A-Z-Y!!! The
By Christmas Eve, Zack and I had worked hard enough to have our ENTIRE home set up and feeling like home. Talk about feeling accomplished and empowered?! We were so happy to spend our first Christmas in our new home resting, watching movies, eating, and spending quality time together.
From the end of July to December we waited for this home. We got it and are now loving being there and working together to make it perfect for us. What a blessing!
(From a previous post a while back, I had mentioned doing a "Top 10 List of Things to Know for New Homebuyers". I still feel very called to share our experiences. Stay tuned... I'll get going on that once I slow down cleaning and planning times to have family and friends over to cook for them and welcome them "home"!!
Until then,
New Homeowner Nataleigh












No comments:
Post a Comment