Saturday, November 13, 2010

Learning to BE STILL!!


Be Still. November 13, 2010
With less than six months of college remaining, and an overload of internship/job applications, life plans, courses required, transcript checking, schedule planning, and daily ‘senior’ stress, I am constantly reminded that I need to learn to BE STILL more! Lately I've been thinking that…
I am chronically busy. And it’s become a problem. Whether it’s homework, meetings, sleeping (yes, it’s included), spending time with friends and family, or simply wasting time away stressing out, I have become almost numb to life due to my busy-ness. Over this past weekend, I stopped my homework for a moment to think about how much of life I’m missing because I’m waiting to cross the next item off my agenda for the day.
 After stressing out about this, I realized that I’m caught up in sin with this problem of stress, worry, and constant “do work” mindset. God tells us not to worry about tomorrow (Matt. 6:34), not to stress (1 Peter 5:7), because He gives us peace, and to enjoy life for what it is. I know these truths, yet I’ve managed to go day-to-day without thinking and praying on them, therefore I’ve over-worked myself and have become basically robotic in my actions.
I want to be still, enjoy life, and soak it all in. I don’t want to look back in May and think, “I hate I didn’t enjoy that time because I was too stressed out about the next day to enjoy where I’m at today”.  With this, I WILL slow down; enjoy the little moments of life that make it such a beautiful blessing from God, and learn to BE STILL in His presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment